These are amazing – from bite size to extra large, no matter how you serve them, they look and taste incredible. I know you wouldn’t believe this, but I am a bit of a brownie fanatic. In high school I would make brownies nearly every weekend or so (and watch Emperor’s New Groove… is that too much confessing in one post?). So when I tell you that this is my favorite and most asked for brownie recipe it really just may be the very best brownie recipe ever! Anyway, here is my favorite and most asked for brownie recipe of all time:
- 1¼ cups butter (melted)
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa (I like dark, but it works well with regular)
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Toppings (Use what you like but this is my favorite combo):
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- White chocolate chips
- Toffee bits
- Sweetened Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium or large bowl mix the wet ingredients until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes (Brownies are done when a toothpick is inserted and comes out with a few moist crumbs).
- These brownies are delicious without toppings if you like, just let them cool and eat up.
- If you're doing the toppings, let the brownies cool for about 10 minutes, then cut about ¼ inch or so around the edge with a disposable plastic knife - it makes the cleanest cut in brownies (if you don't have one, use the handle end of a plastic spoon or fork).
- Then start sprinkling the toppings: semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, toffee bits, and coconut. Just don't put the coconut first (just trust me).
- Cool completely to room temperature before cutting with a plastic knife.
- Remove ¼ inch edges with the knife first, then use a spatula to remove brownies.
Tips: I cut these brownies extra large, about 6 brownies or so for a 9×13 inch pan if I’m giving to individuals as a thank you, teacher appreciation, birthday or any special/ just because occasion. Put each one in a cellophane treat bag with a cute tie and they look stunning! If I’m serving at an event or party these look absolutely delightful as bite-size brownie bites and they get eaten right up!
Easy and fancy at the same time… did you even think that was possible?
My sweet Lil Miss Spiffy made a video to show you how easy they really are, just in case you wanted to see the process.
Enjoy and let me know what toppings are your favorites!